WELCOME

Welcome to the Urban Culture course at Avila University created by Susan Lawlor and Dotty Hamilton.  We travel with our students to great cities to explore art museums, engage with the architecture, study the local film and music venues, and experience the ethnic enclaves as a way to learn about the culture of urban spaces and the interaction of art and environment.  It's a fun, intense learning environment.  

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Preparing for Montreal - French Language Differences

Some observations from one traveler about some differences in the two dialects
Differences

Also - there is a video discussion (in French with English subtitles) including some French Canadian curse words (not for you to learn to say, but to know if someone is cursing at you!)
Video

3 comments:

  1. This was probably the most challenging experience. I whole heartedly enjoyed it though. Sometimes it is hard to watch something that you don't understand or can't break down into logical parts. I found that I tried to analyze it, but when I gave up I could enjoy the beauty and art of the dance. The power of the music, ( and the lack of music.) It is something I had never expirienced and I don't think I would hesitate to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you embraced the experience, Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you embraced the experience, Kelsey

    ReplyDelete