WELCOME

Welcome to the Urban Culture course at Avila University created by Susan Lawlor and Dotty Hamilton.  We travel with our students to great cities to explore art museums, engage with the architecture, study the local film and music venues, and experience the ethnic enclaves as a way to learn about the culture of urban spaces and the interaction of art and environment.  It's a fun, intense learning environment.  

Friday, May 15, 2015

Musee d Art Contemporain



What a great experience we had at the Museum of Contemporary Art! Our guide, Tracy, did an excellent job of explaining the exhibits and encouraging audience interaction.

Learning more about the intent of the artist curator for this exhibit of figurative artwork.
2-D work with a 3-D optical illusion that you have to see in person to understand. Pretty great!

5 comments:

  1. As someone who appreciates art, but I'm not necessarily an artist in the purest form, I really enjoyed this exhibit. It was challenging and different. The tour guide was knowledgeable, but she gave us a chance to come up with our own ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Musee d'Art Contemporain de Montreal was one of my favorite tours. The art was all beautiful in its own unique way. Tracey was great! I wish we had more time, yet again, those were the only opened exhibits at that time. My favorite piece was the different flat colored bars going horizontal in a vertical stack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Musee d'Art Contemporain de Montreal was one of my favorite tours. The art was all beautiful in its own unique way. Tracey was great! I wish we had more time, yet again, those were the only opened exhibits at that time. My favorite piece was the different flat colored bars going horizontal in a vertical stack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed the tour of the contemporary art museum. The guide was quite knowledgeable. The art itself was great but I really felt like I learned a lot from Tracy explaining the way the exhibit was curated by the artist Genevieve can't-remember-her-last-name. Loved the gallery wall arrangement of the figure drawings/paintings and the way the triptych of tabloid photos pointed you around the corner to the screen door welcoming you into the rest of the exhibit. I also enjoyed the interactive art with the swirling curtains. Not sure how I feel about the art piece with the screaming/moaning...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve been following this blog for a long time. Very useful articles. I publish my blog articles in your beautiful way. Thank you very much for everything

    ReplyDelete